Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Perpetual Bliss

Anxiety is something I unfortunately have to live with everyday. I am anxious, nervous, and more often than not, freaking out about something. Bills, health, family dinners, holidays- you name it, I have obsessed myself into a frenzy of nerves on edge. I am doomed to never feel relaxed, ever!!

It occurred to me that Cat's anxieties are pretty limited. How wonderful to only become unglued over being put into the cat carrier ( the cat carrier means only two things, vet and car ride. Both will put Cat into a ball of nerves for a day or two) or having your peace of mind undermined by the roar of the vacuum cleaner.

I imagined the life of Cat, his perpetual bliss of no concerns, only his demands. I watched him laze in the middle of living room carpet in a patch of sunlight. He blinks at me, that blink that seems so serene and happy. He looks up at the dust particles illuminated by the suns rays, floating above him, he gazes and then sneezes. I watch him flip onto his back, letting his legs go limp and curl softly. He doesn't move for several minutes, then he draws in a deep breath and yawns. He rolls to his side and does a full body stretch, his little toes spread on all four paws, his tail lax , his back slightly arched.....

Then it occurred to me the selfish little beast is doing yoga without me! No wonder he's so frigging happy. I'm getting the vacuum........

2 comments:

  1. That's how the feline-human relationship is working.
    The earlier we accept it, the better we feel. We have no chance to change it *grin*

    ReplyDelete

~Share a little or share a lot~